An HVAC system keeps the temperature of your house or any other building comfortable by cooling or heating and ventilating the stale air. The cost of a new HVAC system depends upon many factors, but the average cost is somewhere between $4,820 to $9,350. The price might seem a little higher, but it includes the latest gas furnace and new central air conditioner unit as well. This article contains all the important information that you need to know about the cost of the new HVAC system. So, let’s jump into it.
How Much is a New HVAC?
The replacement cost again depends upon many factors, such as the size of your house, efficiency rating, brand, ductwork length, etc. The ductwork alone can cost you about $2,000 to $3,000 dollars. The upgrades such as air cleaning, zoning system, humidifier, etc. can also cost you the same as well. It means that the installation, along with the ductwork, can cost you somewhere between $6,500 to $12,500 dollars.
These figures are calculated by taking the overall average of maximum cost ($17,000 US dollars), minimum cost ($2,700 US dollars), and the national average cost ($9,582 US dollars).
HVAC System Installation Cost
As mentioned, the installation cost of an HVAC system is about $4,820 to $9,350. The following table will give you a better idea of how much you’ll be spending on a complete system on average.
Average Cost (USD)
HVAC System Installation
4,820 to 9,350
HVAC Ductwork Installation
2,000 to 3,000
HVAC Air Handler
2,500 to 3,500
Install Zoning System
2,300 to 3,500
200 to 500
Typically, there are three different types of packages that you can choose, which are as followed:
- The change out: It includes the installation of a new heating system and a new air conditioner
- The full installation: It includes the full installation of all the HVAC ductwork and equipment
- The full installation with add-ons: It also includes the full installation with additional add-ons such as a zoning system.
How Can You Calculate the Cost of a New HVAC and Installation?
There are three important factors that you must consider in order to calculate the cost of a new HVAC system and its installation.
- The equipment that you want to install is based on the unique needs of your house, such as desired AFUE value, desired SEER value, size of the furnace, and size of the air conditioner.
- Installation supplies such as line set, AC pad, thermostat, refrigerant, sheet metal, etcetera, and the factors affecting the labor cost.
- The profit margin of the contractor is generally about 40 percent, including all the expenses.
This is how you can calculate a fair cost for your new HVAC system along with its installation.
There you have it. This is everything that you need to know to answer the question of how much is a new HVAC. We recommend you get a detailed quote from a contractor to make sure the expense doesn’t exceed your budget. You can get the most cost-effective services from Omega Heating and Air if you need to install a new HVAC system in your house. Check out Omega Heating and Air’s website or call 404-438-0353 today!