With how expensive it can be to run the AC during the summer, it should come as no surprise that AC repairs can also be costly. Oftentimes, homeowners don’t realize the importance of routine maintenance until it’s too late and their AC unit is in disarray.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss the top 5 reasons you should upgrade your AC thermostat to a smart thermostat. We’ll also provide tips on how you can save money on your energy bill with a smart thermostat!
How Does Regular Maintenance & Monitoring Increase The Life of an AC Unit?
AC units that are properly maintained can last up to 15 years on average, while those that aren’t regularly serviced may only last half as long.
One of the most important aspects of AC maintenance is replacing the air filter every one to three months, depending on the type of filter you have. A dirty air filter not only decreases the efficiency of your AC unit, but it can also lead to expensive repairs.
Another important AC maintenance tip is to have your AC unit serviced by a heating and cooling professional at least once a year. A professional AC technician will be able to clean the coils and clear any debris that may be blocking the airflow. They’ll also check for any leaks and repair them before they cause further damage.
While AC maintenance is important, it’s also essential to monitor your AC unit on a regular basis. One way to do this is to download an AC monitoring app like EnergyHub. EnergyHub’s monitoring solution will allow you to track the energy usage of your AC unit, and set up alerts so you can be notified if there are any pending issues.
If you’re looking for additional guidance on extending the life of your AC unit, visit our blog ”How to Increase The Lifespan of Your AC Unit.”
Now that we’ve discussed the importance of AC maintenance and monitoring, let’s dive into the top five reasons you should upgrade your AC thermostat to a smart thermostat.
5 Reasons Homeowners Should Upgrade to a Smart Thermostat
A smart thermostat is a thermostat that can be controlled remotely via a smartphone or other device. Smart thermostats have many features that regular thermostats don’t have, such as the ability to track energy usage, set up alerts, and control the AC unit from anywhere with a network connection.
Here are the top five reasons you should upgrade your AC thermostat to a smart thermostat:
- Boost Efficiency: Smart thermostats are more efficient than regular thermostats because they can be programmed to turn the AC unit off when no one is home. This can save you money on your energy bill, as AC units account for a large portion of a home’s energy usage.
- Save Money: In addition to being more efficient, smart thermostats can also save you money on your AC repairs. This is because smart thermostats can be programmed to alert you when there are issues with your AC unit. For example, if the AC unit is not cooling the house properly, the smart thermostat will send an alert to your smartphone so you can call an AC technician to come and take a look.
- Smart Alerts: As we mentioned before, smart thermostats can be programmed to send alerts to your smartphone. These alerts can be for anything from AC repair needs to reminders to change your AC filter.
- Control from Anywhere: One of the best features of smart thermostats is the ability to control the AC unit from anywhere. Whether you’re at work or on vacation, you can use the smart thermostat app to turn the AC unit off or on, adjust the temperature, and more.
- Data Tracking: Smart thermostats also have the ability to track energy usage. This data can be used to help you save money on your energy bill. For example, if you see that your AC unit is using a lot of energy, you can make some changes to your AC usage habits or schedule an AC repair.
Omega Heating and Air Brings Efficiency to Your AC
Making the switch to a smart thermostat is a no-brainer for any AC owner. Smart thermostats are more efficient, can save you money on AC repairs, and offer many other benefits that regular thermostats don’t have. If you’re thinking about upgrading your AC thermostat, be sure to talk to Omega Heating and Air first. We can help you determine if a smart thermostat is right for you and your home.
Omega Heating and Air is your one-stop shop for all things AC. We offer AC maintenance, AC repairs, and AC replacement services. We also sell and install smart thermostats. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.